In today's world, the significance of maintaining healthy buildings cannot be overstated. As a result, business owners are now actively seeking ways to improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) within their commercial spaces. Paying closer attention to ventilation systems and air filtration can help you ensure a healthy, comfortable environment for your staff and customers. At Lightspeed Restoration, our team of dedicated IAQ and moisture control technicians can assist you in this effort.
What is Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)?
IAQ refers to your air quality inside and around buildings. Monitoring air quality is paramount as it impacts the health and comfort of all staff and visitors. According to the CDC, healthy indoor air is free of dust, odors, and other contaminants. Healthy IAQ means proper air circulation to prevent stuffiness without creating noticeable drafts. Good air quality also requires keeping your humidity and temperature at appropriate levels.
Tips for Improving Commercial Indoor Air Quality
As a business owner or facility manager, you have many opportunities to improve indoor air quality. Lightspeed Restoration would like to offer some helpful tips:
- Eliminate Pollution Sources: Indoor pollution can have a detrimental impact on air quality, emitting harmful particulates. Some sources include cleaning products, asbestos insulation, and poorly maintained HVAC systems/ductwork.
- Improve Ventilation: HVAC systems are designed to circulate and regulate air throughout various spaces. Many air handling units (AHU) distribute a combination of recirculated indoor and outdoor air. The amount of exterior air adequate for proper ventilation will vary over time. Try opening windows when the weather allows, adjust your HVAC system to enhance airflow, or run the system with max outdoor airflow for a couple of hours before and after your building is occupied.
- Proper HVAC Maintenance: Increased air filtration and ventilation can improve IAQ in commercial buildings by having a well-managed HVAC system. Your maintenance program depends on the system’s condition, size, age, brand, and how often you use it. However, a regular HVAC cleaning service can ensure proper function and airflow. Neglected ducts can mean the system gets clogged with pollen, pest debris, mold, and dust. Once this happens, all these contaminants build to recirculate and hinder your building’s air.
Professional Indoor Air Quality Solutions with Lightspeed Restoration
When you want to ensure your commercial interior is productive, comfortable, and safe, Lightspeed Restoration has various service options. We can help you clean and maintain your HVAC system and ductwork, inspect ventilation systems, and tackle mold and mildew growth. We have customized solutions for business owners to address indoor air quality issues while ensuring they never miss a beat.
Commercial HVAC cleaning can help clear out contaminants and debris while ensuring your system works to its fullest potential. Once you call us to look at your duct system, we can provide you with information on the state of the ductwork and what we can do to provide quality cleaning to give you peace of mind.
- Our technicians are IICRC-certified and continuously trained.
- We arrive on time and ready to work.
- We use industry-proven methods and top-notch equipment to get results.
- Our team is happy to work around your schedule to ensure minimal disruption of your daily operations.
Call Lightspeed Restoration at 800-620-4009 if you want to improve your commercial indoor air quality with our trusted services. Our air duct cleaning, mold remediation, and air quality methods help ensure a healthier environment.